Being A Good Neighbor in San Mateo Park
Beautiful Trees and Islands
- Keep street trees healthy, well-pruned, and clear of litter and weeds.
- Use ground covers or permeable material on sidewalks and walkways.
- Make your beautiful landscaping sustainable and appropriate for arid climate (Zone XII).
- Keep sidewalks passable and clear of tree roots, branches, ivy and other obstructions.
- Park off street when possible.
- Don't litter (dog or other).
Charming History and Architecture
- Learn more about McLaren's design of islands in a park-like setting.
- Enjoy our 100+ year heritage and variety of architecture.
Consideration of Others - Peace, Quiet and Privacy
- Control dogs from barking and late night noise.
- Minimize noise before 8 am and later than 6 pm.
- Minimize use of leaf blowers.
- Know your neighbors!
- Join and participate in San Mateo Park's Nextdoor.com website for timely information and communication.
Use Code: FCPYDB.
- Watch out for each other's safety and property.
- Drive slowly around islands, and keep speed down along streets.
- Understand island traffic flow. Drive as if each intersection in a circle is a yellow caution light.
Yield to cars already in or entering the circle when you arrive.
- Pay attention to street sign arrows showing proper traffic patterns.
- Don’t assume that other drivers know the rules.
- Respect school property.
- Respect the No Dogs rule for Park School grounds.